Industrial SYSTEMS & PRODUCTS
Industrial Process Tanks
Industrial tanks serve a multitude of uses across different industries. Regardless of the application, tanks must be able to store, mix, and drain various chemical compounds safely and efficiently. These chemicals vary widely in terms of fluid properties, and can often require specialized handling. Additionally, certain chemicals can impose harsh and corrosive conditions on the inner walls of industrial tanks.
Plastic Design, Inc.’s technicians and engineers have extensive experience manufacturing a wide array of plastic and stainless steel industrial process tanks. Our custom tanks are also integrated with systems that include process piping and other necessary features tailored to each specific industrial process.
Request for Quote
We custom manufacture a broad range of durable and chemically resistant industrial tank systems for almost any industrial application and environment. Here are just some of the custom tank systems that we offer:
- Plastic Tanks: We can fabricate generic plastic tanks of virtually any size, shape, or thickness for almost any application. We work closely with our clients to build solutions that meet target specifications.
- Holding Tanks: Our custom holding tanks can be fabricated in any configuration to accommodate various fluid storage needs. Our engineering team designs each holding tank while carefully considering fluid weight, stress distributions, and other structural loads.
- Fabricated Day Tanks: These tanks are manufactured especially for research applications within the biomedical and pharmaceutical fields. They are designed to withstand corrosive and harsh chemicals, thereby preventing the leaching of contaminants.
- Batch Mixing Tanks: Designed for the biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, our batch mixing tanks operate with closed loop filtration and auto-fill systems. These tanks are also built with a variety of integrated mixing systems.
- Double Containment Tanks: Our double containment tank systems are designed to store hazardous materials and withstand harsh conditions such as extreme temperatures and pressures. All plumbing is installed externally to comply with industry-specific standards.
- Closed Loop Filtration Tanks: These tanks are custom designed to be integrated with various pumps including positive displacement and centrifugal pumping systems.
- Plating Tanks: We manufacture highly versatile plating tanks that can be used for a range of applications. These tanks can also be integrated with temperature and power control systems.
- Fabricated Temperature Controlled Process Tanks: Our temperature-controlled tanks are built specifically for operation in a wide range of temperatures (sub-ambient to extreme). These tank systems allow for precise temperature control within 0.5o C.
One of the most critical properties of industrial tanks systems and products is chemical compatibility. Our engineers carefully analyze each application to determine the most feasible tank, fitting, and gasket material. We typically work with a broad range of plastic materials including ABS, HDPE, UHMW, PVC, PTFE, PVDF, and polypropylene. We also specialize in the custom fabrication of stainless steel tanks.
Why Plastic Design Inc.
At Plastic Design Inc., quality is at the forefront of all our processes and procedures. Our quality management systems are ISO 9001: 2015 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified, ensuring that every step of our manufacturing process is compliant with best industry practices. Our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities can produce industrial tank solutions to meet or exceed a variety of specifications including OSHA, NFPA, Factory Mutual, and SEMI.
Our services, however, go far beyond the fabrication of quality industrial tanks. We examine the entire operation as a whole to assemble a system that is safe, efficient, and meets the needs of our clients. Ancillary elements such as fittings, ports, pumps, mixing vanes, piping, and temperature controls are all carefully designed, selected, and integrated into our products for a complete, ready-to-install system. We can also install custom additions when called for. These include plastic encapsulated steel bands, support frames with casters, hinged lids, and manways.
Tank Solutions for Any Application
For over four decades, Plastic Design Inc. has provided industrial tank systems and solutions for numerous local and international corporations. Our advanced facility and equipment are capable of meeting any client demand from one-off prototypes to full-scale production runs.
Our technical staff will also work with you at every stage of production to ensure that the final product is designed to your unique specification. To learn more about our industrial process tanks, please see the table below or feel free to contact us directly.
Examples of our Work
Industrial Process Tanks Capabilities:
- Tank Types
- Custom Plastic Tanks
Batch Mixing Tanks
Double Containment Tanks
Stainless Steel & Plastic Products
Closed Loop Filtration Tanks
Temperature Controlled Process Tanks
- Fabrication Process
- Custom Butt Welding Techniques
- Heavy Wall
- Custom Plastic Tank Additions
- Plastic Encapsulated Steel Bands
Support Frames with Casters
Large Round Tanks
- Holding Tank Options
- Batch Mixing Tank Features
- Angled Vanes
Little Air Inclusion
- Double Intrinsic Containment Tanks
- Plating Tanks
- Temperature Control
DC Power Supplies
- Dip Tank Options
As Up Flow Rinsers
- Temperature Controlled
± 5 °C
Liquid Level Sensors
Over Temperature Safties
Closed Loop Filtration
Auto Fill Systems
- Additional Services
- Computer Aided Design
On-Site Support (Welding)
- Production Volume
- One-Off Prototype to Full Production Runs
- Typical Lead Time
- 3 to 4 weeks
Dependent on Material Availability
- Industry Focus
- Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Products
Clean Room Equipment
Wet Process and Semiconductor Equipment
Recreational & Marine Products
- Industry Standards
- Factory Mutual
USP Class 6 Certification
- File Formats